I will preface this post by saying that Sage is okay and that I can still see out of my eye. :-) It was not my best weekend...
We were at my parent's farm (which was really fun) helping them out with their new house. These trips mean many gator rides, walks through the woods, and much outdoor time. We were taking a gator ride when the first unfortunate mishap happened. It was me, Emma and Evan, with Sage running along side the gator. Everyone loves these trips - the kids enjoy zooming along the fields and Sage enjoys the good run she gets when we do this. In this particular instance, we were heading home with Sage along side and she darts in front of the gator. (now, she has done this in the past, darting in front of gators, bikes, cars - too much in fact that Tim and I have often joked that she is going to get hit and maybe should (lightly though) to teach her a lesson.) Unfortunately,while I tried really, really hard to stop, I was unable to and the gator hit her... and then the front wheel ran her over. Let's just say I am pretty much freaking out (on the inside) while trying to maintain some sort of calm on the outside for the kids so they wouldn't start freaking out. Sage barks, whimpers quite a few times while I stop and the kids are saying "Mom! You ran over Sage!" I, again incredibly freaking out, say somewhat in control "Okay - Umm... let's go find Daddy! Daddy will know what to do!" and continue mumbling about finding Tim while continually freaking out. Luckily, Sage gets out from under the Gator and runs over to my side of the gator (she was hit on the passenger side." She is whimpering, I don't see blood, and she jumps in the front of the gator. Then.... I zoom as fast as I can to the new house, trying not to cry and keep it together, while comforting Sage and the kids as I am sure they were unsure what was going on.
By the time I get to the new house (maybe a 3-5 minute trip) I zoom up the driveway, park it as quick as I can, and somewhat hysterically yell "Tim! Tim, get out here!" I think he could tell by the tone of my voice that something was up as he arrives pretty quick to see what was going on. Then, it all comes out - the story, what happene, with tears. The kids keep saying "Mama ran over Sage, Mama hit Sage with the Gator" (which doesn't help at all) as Tim holds Sage still and tries to inspect her to see what damage the gator did. We only saw a few bruises, some big scrapes, and one deep cut, but that appeared to be it. She can walk - but still I am not so sure that I didn't do more damage. Now, at this point, I think I have pretty much lost it and the tears are coming and the kids and Tim are giving me a hug. To say I felt (and still feel) horrible doesn't quite cover it.
We keep checking her out, watching her walk, checking her scrapes and overall she seems okay. Today she has been running a lot, we took her for a walk and have done other fun farm things. So, other than the scrapes, she should be okay. Hopefully she has learned her lesson.
Now today, I was helping out the guys in the house. Tim and Dad were putting in a beautiful wood floor in their living room, hallway, and bedroom. To help speed up the process, I helped during kid rest time. We were going along pretty well, Tim was cutting a board, and I was bending down to put a board in place when: whallop! - hammer hits Kelly in the left eye. Dad at just the perfect time went to hammer in a board and my eye lid caught the hammer on the backswing. Ouch...
Now, I have a pretty good cut on my eye, some swelling, and a nice shiner. Just what a girl wants in her third week into a new job.
So - yeah... some unfortunate things happened this past weekend. Updates to come through the week -
No comments:
Post a Comment