Sunday, September 30, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

I also enjoyed a birthday during September!  I am a proud and happy 33!  I celebrated with the week off from work as I was inbetween the two jobs, a fun summer head-cold, and a lot of things to do around the house.  I also got to attend my first night of class on my birthday.  Nothing says Happy Birthday like Managerial Accounting - let me tell you!

I got some lovely bakeware for my birthday that I have been wanting for awhile, cute cards, and many little hugs and kisses from my little ones. (and - a pair of cowboy boots as a fun birthday present to myself).  I also celebrated with some friends in a unique way on the weekend before - the Warrior Dash.  I was a fill-in for a friend with a bum knee - but I am glad I decided to do it.  It was a beautiful, albeit a bit cold day and a fun way to exercise.  The nice thing is that this course wasn't on a ski slope, but at a horse farm.  So... along with the mud we were climbing and swimming through, there was probably a few unpleasant surprises as well.

Here a few pics from the day!  (which won't be up long as I do not thing I was supposed to copy them in the manner I did.)

But how fun!  Here I am with my friend Jess hamming it up for the camera!



Leaping over the fire pits


Finishing the run!

Again - having some fun with the cameras!

And - getting out of the mud pit.
 Fun, right?!  Happy Birthday to me!  I have a feeling this is going to be a great year!

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Obviously you need to post a picture of the cowboy boots!