We took a side trip to Dubrovnik which is absolutely beautiful! We have eaten some great food, yummy gelato, and some good European coffee. Today we toured the old city in Dubrovnik and walked along the old city walls, which were put up for protection against neighboring countries. To say it was breathtaking is an understatement. My pictures don't do it justice but here they are:
![]() |
| The food!! I had to take some pictures of that! Yummy chocolate souffle. |
![]() |
| The fish platter (prawns, squid, mussels, etc.) Shared by Heidi and I |
![]() |
| Heidi, Jess and I |
![]() |
| Me with beautiful Dubrovnik in the background |
![]() |
| Dubrovnik again |
![]() |
| The yummy European breakfast |
![]() |
| Cavtat (the actual coastal town we are staying in) |
![]() |
| The view from our room in Cavtat |
![]() |
| Zagreb...the town Heidi now lives |
![]() |
| Jess and I in Amsterdam awaiting our flight to Croatia |
![]() |
| Dubrovnik one more time! |
Overall the trip is great. The flights have been good and we are getting used to the time difference. The nights can be a bit restless at times but we are plowing through and enjoying the time away. I have been skyping with the kids and Tim. They are so busy they hardly notice i am gone :-)
I stay here until Friday and then return home.by then i am sure i will be ready. It is hard to be away but wonderful still that i get to experience this beautiful place. Tomorrow we will tour a few more islands around Dubrovnik and then return to Zagreb for a few more day trips there. Very fun and very exciting!!















No comments:
Post a Comment