Sunday, May 19, 2013

Happy Mother's Day to me!






 And - still playing catch up with posts :-)

Last week was Mother's Day! And an interesting day/weekend at that.  The kids were excited to share the day with me - so excited in fact that I got to open up my gifts the day they brought them home!  So - on Wednesday, I received Evan's present:

A lovely decorated flower pot. (notice my name spelled backwards)

His homemade card.  he was so proud!

The envelope.
So, from my little man came a lovely yellow flower pot (Mama!  Your favorite color!) in which he planted a sunflower.  To date, unfortunately the sunflower is not coming up yet, so I may have to covertly buy a pack of seeds and put another seed in there.  He seems pretty worried about it and religiously waters it and checks it every day.

From my little lady:
To Mommy, with Love, Emma. Then, a pretty tissue flower she made.


It says "Plant this Willow Tree and it will grow.  Just a reminder I love you so!"  The willow tree is planted in a pot in our front yard.

Other than the fun school made gifts, we celebrated with cute little cards they picked out.

Unfortunately, with Mother's day came the stomach flu to our house.  Yuck!  Emma got sick last Friday, May 10 and Tim and Evan got sick the night of Mothers Day.  Due to the illness, I slept on the couch with the kids on the love seat and helped and comforted them through the night.  Honestly, a person with their glass half full could look at this happening on Mother's Day weekend with some positives.   I don't often have the chance to hold them, to comfort them, to sing lullabies anymore.  My kids are too big and don't want all the affection that I can sometimes show them.  But that wasn't the case this weekend.  I gave more hugs and kisses than I have for awhile.  I soothed more owies and hurts and I spent a lot of one-on-one time with each of them.  I comforted them as they cried and sat with them as they wondered why it was happening to their tummies.  In a way, a lazy pajama weekend was kind of nice for Mother's day.   And maybe the best gift of all? I didn't get the stomach flu (yet).


No comments: