Monday, September 22, 2008

Finding the balance

Between Emma and Evan - sleep and no sleep - good vs. evil. Well, not really good vs. evil, but definitely with the first items. Life is good here. Emma still loves her baby brother and her attitude is starting to come around quite a bit. She is just a little nut lately, which has been a lot of fun - but still very stubborn. Yesterday she was insistent on going to pick raspberries right before supper. Tim and I didn't want too, they had just been picked and Evan was fussy - so she trotted down the stairs with her stuffed dog Tazzy and made her way all the way to the garden. She kept looking back to see if we were following, but no, just shaking our heads and laughing. She did turn back around, but she made her point :-) The little monkey unfortunately had a bad dream on Saturday evening, which caused trauma in the little ones life. The only thing Tim and I could get out of her was that it was raining really hard. Why that scared her, I don't know - but something freaked her out. She snuggled into our bed to try and make herself feel better. When I tried to tickle her because she was sucking her thumb, she just looked at me with her big blue eyes with tears coming down and said, "Mama, I just need to suck my thumb now." Enough said. I am trying to think of other Emma-isms as I know there are a lot. She has been saying some really funny stuff lately, but right now, I seem to be drawing a blank.

Last week with just her, Evan, and I went a lot better than I expected. She really has been acting a lot better about Evan being around. We went to Teddy Bear Park in Stillwater on Thursday, which she loves. I had Evan in the sling (yup, I forgot how much I LOVE the sling) and he slept the entire time we were there. Emma had a great time running around and playing on the trains. It was a lot of fun. I have really been trying to make things as they have always been in our lives. Trips to the park, playing outside, etc, even with me being exhausted and Evan demanding my time. I try to do that for Emma so she doesn't resent Evan and so her routine is the same. However, I always sneak in naps when Emma and Evan nap, which is how I keep going! Friday we just hung around the house and played Little People, played outside, but still had a great day. Emma still has to shower Evan with hugs and kisses which is nice. She was leaning over him one day and when I asked what she was doing I got a " I am going to pick him up Mama!" Which prompted me to immediately drop what I was doing and head on over there. I have been having talks with her about what is appropriate and what is not with Evan. However, that is a work in progress.

Here are Evan pictures which my sister took in her studio. I think they turned out great, even with Nuk's in some of the pictures. So tiny and very cute :-) He has been sleeping good -some nights for about 4 to 5 hours at time! However, last night was pretty rough. He was up about every 2 hours, went through 2 pairs of pajama's and refused to sleep in his cradle. Tim was wearing ear plugs as Evan is a very loud sleeper, so he slept through most of it. He did finally settle down around 8am, which allowed us both to get some nice sleep. However, I am getting pretty drowsy now. Anyway, here are the pic's. I will try to do better with updating more frequently, but honestly, I haven't even read other peoples blogs the past week - which for me is really odd!










No comments: