Well, we had Evan's 2 week appointment today and let's just say I had nothing to worry about with the little guy's weight. He has gained almost a pound and a half! Yeah Evan! That makes me feel a lot better. Not that I was seriously concerned about the little guy, but it is always nice to know that he is doing okay. Better than okay actually! He is up to 9 lbs 7 oz (up from 8# 1oz at birth) and has grown a quarter of an inch. Both of those are at the 75% percentile. Not that I really care about that, but thought I would report. The appointment I am most concerned about is scheduled for next Monday. He failed the newborn hearing test at the hospital on his left ear, so we need to do a recheck. His pediatrician told me it is nothing to worry about as sometimes newborns have fluid in their ears from birth that can affect the test. Thanks for that, but I am still worried. Anyway, say a small prayer for me and Evan that everything is fine!
I am slowly getting into Jon & Kate Plus 8. Especially being home during the day now and that daytime TV is total crap- I have been watching their show and find it quite amusing. However, Tim did the unthinkable last night and cancelled my TIVO request to tape their new episode! Seriously?! I know!!! - isn't there a rule about that? He was up late canning spaghetti sauce last night ( I even thought to tape the 11pm airing so that it wouldn't disrupt our normal TV time) so was up later than usual and wanted to watch something else - UGH! It was an episode showing their history together and before the sextuplets and stuff, so I thought it would be pretty interesting. BUT, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Still kind of ticked about it, because God forbid I delete one of his weird Alien shows or something like that. Anyway, I guess I am over it now.
What else? I have some fun girl time coming up! Friday my friend Jess and her daughter Keira are coming over for a playdate and to meet Evan. Then on Saturday night we are getting together with another friend Heidi for Mom's night out! YEAH! I need girl time AND time away from the kids and my husband. I wouldn't trade my maternity time off from work for anything, but that doesn't mean I don't need a time-out from the kids for awhile. On Saturday we are going out to eat in Woodbury, so it should be nice. Tim and I are talking about going to the cabin Friday night to Saturday, but we will see when he is done with work that day.
And, I will leave you all with the typical conversation between Emma and Evan.
--The Scene: Evan laying on a blanket in the living room and Emma is wedged as close as possible to the poor little defenseless baby.
Emma: (in an excited and louder than necessary voice) "Hey Little Guy! Hey Sweetie! I LOVE you! Hey Little Man!" (now kissing his cheeks and his little head repeatedly)
Evan: (clearly uncomfortable and wanting to get away, but does not have the ability to move yet) starts whimpering
Emma: (in a slightly louder and more excitable voice) "Hey Champ! hey Pal! LOVE YOU!" (she follows this up with yet more kisses and hugs)
Evan: (Still uncomfortable and how the whimpering has evolved into small cries)
ME: "Emma - use an indoor voice and give him some space! You are too close."
Emma: "But Mama - I LOVE my baby brother!" and now to Evan: "Hey Little Man! Love you!"
Evan: (now in a full blown cry)
Emma: (Very loud and now jumping up away from Evan) "MAMA! Evan wants you! Evan needs you! Evan needs his Mama!"
Now - this happens about 4-5 times every day at least. It is nice that Emma loves her brother and affectionately calls him all the nicknames we call him at one time. However, she just doesn't understand (after numerous attempts on Tim and my part) that her sometimes loud voice and constant touching isn't good for Evan and can make him uncomfortable.
With that, Good night!
4 comments:
*gasp* That's the cutest thing I've heard!!!!
"Hey little guy! Hey little man! "
How do kids pick up on stuff like that?
Adorable.
Congrats on Evan's weight gain - what a healthy guy! Loved the dialogue between Evan and Emma too - how cute is she!? I also love your new blog header - so adorable! I'm also REALLY looking forward to our night out!
Hey Kel!!
Evan weighs now what Tyler did at birth!! Crazy! and Tyler also failed his hearing tests and then all was fine at his month appt. Loved the dialogue!! Gram and Gramp are going to Glendive this weekend, so we're also heading over. Cody is a little bummed about missing his flag-football game, but I'm sure Don taking him golfing may make up a little for it! :) Love to hear all your stories! I need to be more faithful to my blog. oh well! :)
Oh my goodness... my eyes are full with tears... SERIOUSLY!!!!... from laughing about the conversation between Emma and Evan. One has even fell out of my eye. So adorable, endearing, and just ultimately classic. Love it!
Glad to hear everything is going well!! Love, Sarah
Post a Comment