Evan at Three.... where do I start?
We had his three year check today and it went very well. He is 32 pounds which is roughly 50th percentile. I cannot remember his height offhand, but I do remember that it is at the 17th percentile. So, right on target with weight, unfortunately a little lacking on the height. No, I am not worried, but seeing that his Mom and Dad are both on the short side, I am not that surprised :-)
He is great... he is a wonderful, loving boy. He has started giving such tight little hugs with his little arms around my neck and I absolutely love it. He is really enjoying our Fridays together now and they have been fun. I constantly hear "MAMA! Mama, come play with me!" and a lot of times it is hard for me to resist.
However, as discussed a little in the past, he can be a bit stubborn. He is testing us and trying to assert his independence, which can be difficult at times. We are getting through it and working with him on it, so hopefully, it will get better.
Some tidbits on Evan at three:
He is quite the chatterbox actually; he takes after Emma on that front. There are times now when I pick him up from daycare and he chats the whole way home - it is very cute. I always like to ask him and Emma about the best parts of their day and the worst parts of their day. Evan's best part of his day usually goes like this: "I go to Tesa's, I eat breakfast, I play with Will (his best friend), I swing, we play in sprinkles, we have snacks, I ate hotdog, I take nap, I play cars...." and so on. It is fun to listen too.
His favorite things: CARS! Obviously. He is still always carrying around a Lightning McQueen in one hand. He loves tools and putting things together. He is Daddy's little helper and will drive his gator and follow Tim when he is mowing the lawn. If Tim is using a saw, Evan has his plastic saw and is helping. Both of the kids were out helping Tim trim trees and get them ready for Fall last weekend and Evan came in twice, dig into his toolbox and grabbed something, and then left.
Handy Manny is also a favorite and he is enjoying some of his new Handy Manny toys and books that he received for his birthday.
Evan has not decided if he is left handed or right handed. He will eat, color, hit a ball, golf, or anything with both hands. Sometimes, I think he is a bit more dominant with his left, but that is still to be determined.
He is very independent and likes to do things himself: About two weeks ago, his toy truck needed new batteries. So, he got one of Tim's real screwdrives and took off the back. He then took out the old batteries and asked Tim for new ones. He got the new ones in correct, screwed the back on, and was off playing with his truck again.
He can be a Momma's boy at times and loves helping me in the kitchen. He likes stirring, "chopping", making his own peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and his favorite: being my chocolate chip taste tester.
He wakes up in the morning and is instantly ready to go. He wants to put his clothes on right away and get started.
His favorite food: Steak. He refused to talk to the doctor this morning, as he can be a bit shy, but when the doctor asked Evan what his favorite food is, he looked up said "Steak!" with authority.
He can be shy. He tends to bury his head in my arms or my legs if new people are around or if he is tired. This makes me a bit nervous as he starts Sunday school in a few weeks and I am not sure how he will react.
He loves balloons, trains, eating (he could eat constantly!), playing Thomas the Train on the computer, and his gator. He adores Emma and is always doing what she does. However, they are constantly getting on each others nerves. If she is playing with something, he has to have it - and vice versa. I threatened them both yesterday to take away all of their toys for a day and see how they like that.
Fishing is one of his favorite things to do at the cabin. He does pretty well at it as well. He can cast all on his own, and reel the line in. Waiting is not his strong suit though. Luckily at the cabin, there are many, many sunfish just waiting for a worm. So, he does catch a lot.
He is usually always wearing a tie-dyed shirt. He has like 3 or 4 of them, which he inherited from siblings and cousins and those are usually the shirts he picks out to wear. Although, he calls them his "double" shirts. I am not sure where he got that one.
That's my little man in a nutshell. I am so blessed and happy that he is with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment