At one of the kindergarten events that we attended, Emma was given homework. She had to create a collage, either with pictures, drawings, memento's or whatever creative thing she wanted of her summer. Her response when we sat down to do this was:
"Homework?? How can I have homework? I haven't been to kindergarten yet!"
In the end though, I think she like doing her homework. We set out all the markers, glue, and scissors, looked at summer pictures, and got everything ready. Of course, since she was doing homework, Evan had to as well. And, as he says, "Monkey see; Monkey do" Little does he know, that he is the monkey in the scenario.
Emma spent a lot of time working on it and ended up with this. It is a mixture of summer pictures and one drawing of her water skiing. She really wanted to have one of her and Evan at the cabin, which I liked, and she loves the picture of her and Evan with Dora and Diego.
And yes, the parents had some homework as well. This is what Tim and I came up with (with me as the scribe.)
These are now proudly displayed in her kindergarten room. She got to talk about her collage the first day of school.
No comments:
Post a Comment