I was cleaning up raspberries, so Tim went outside to call the kids in to get ready for bed. The little blond heads bounce up the lawn, then the back steps, and in the house and immediately start asking for candy, snacks, or whatever to delay bedtime.
Tim says, "So, Evan... tell Mommy what happened in the garden."
Evan: "I ate a bug."
I, curious, looked at Tim who is trying hard to keep from laughing and I look at Evan again with his serious face and plainly say. "What?"
Evan: "I ate a bug."
Now, I cannot stop from chuckling and looking at Tim is not helping one bit. Evan is so serious and so nonchalent about it, that it is humorous.
Me: "Why did you eat a bug Evan?"
Evan: "Because."
Me: "Did it taste good?"
Evan: "NO!"
Me: "So, did you learn a lesson? Will you eat another one?"
Evan: "Yes Mama. No more bugs."
Unfortunately, we have had a beetle problem on our trees and in our garden, so it is Tim's belief that he accidentally ate one that was on a raspberry. I really hope that was the case.
And - to mention - this was roughly 30 minutes after Tim stuck his head out the window to yell at Evan to stop climbing up the side of the sandbox. He was roughly 4 feet in the air when I caught him and had to stop it. We should maybe start a betting pool for when Evan will get his first broken limb. I am betting within a year. Anyone want to take an over/under?
No comments:
Post a Comment