Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bedtime antics - part 2

Evan has struggled falling asleep lately... ugh... I hate it when the kids have trouble with that.  Usually I have dishes to do after they lay down, homework, blogging, reading, relaxing, laundry - you know the drill - and when my little ones do not want to sleep, everyone suffers.

Lately, Evan has been giving us trouble.  I am wondering if we should start having him "rest" and not nap. Tim just thinks it is because it is so light out now when they go to bed.  Not sure, but I want to solve it.  He is always up so early - usually around 6:15 - so I want him to lay down better at night.  Anyway...

Last night he was screaming "Mama!"    then... "Mama!  I am not tired!"    then... "Mama! I don't want to go to bed!"   then ... more "Mama!"  over and over and over...  Emma got up a few times because she was tired and couldn't sleep because he was pounding on their shared wall.  I try to ignore it and Tim tries to ignore it.  Doesn't work. He did this for about 45 minutes.

Then, I go up and threaten to take out his duckie or glow-worm or his precious B out of his room to get him to stop screaming. This gets his attention because then I get the "Well, I won't be your Mommy if you do that!"   -- Hmmmm? --

I am not sure what he means by that. So, I ask him "Evan - what?  You are my son and I will always be your Mommy." 

He thinks for a minute and then says "No.  I won't be your son if you take my BB out!  You won't be my Mommy!  You are a mean Mommy!"

So, I give him a kiss, tell him I love him, and leave.  Then, I send Tim up the next time.

No comments: