Thursday, May 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Emma!

My baby girl is 6 years old!  My, how the time has flown by!  She had a great, great day!

I felt bad, as I had to work this morning, so I couldn't see her this morning to wish her a happy birthday!  Meetings dotted my calendar this morning, so I wasn't able to go in late or switch schedules at all - I felt horrible!  Instead?  After bedtime last night, I went to a grocery store and bought some balloons for her.  Then, because sometimes I cannot resist, I bought a small bouquet of flowers as well.  I set them on the table, left a little note for her and Evan, and called her this morning to chat.  Per Tim, she loved the balloons and the flowers on the table!

Her day at school was full of birthday wishes, birthday songs, birthday journals & books, a birthday visit and lunch (home lunch - pb&j, bag of chips, piece of chocolate, yogurt - her favorite!) from her Daddy and Evan and then, mini cupcakes for her class as a treat!  When I got home from work, she was gushing about her day and anxious for the Kelloggs to come over and celebrate for cake.  But first - her birthday supper!  And what was on the menu, you may ask??  Hot dogs, box Macaroni and Cheese, and mashed potatoes!  After supper, talking about her day, and cleaning up the table, it was out to wait for the Kelloggs to come over.

Evan gets the blanket - Emma tells him where to put it... and then they wait.

And we see this.... nothing....



Happy Emma

It wasn't long before we saw them emerge from their house into their garage!!


The babies in the stroller, the big ones carrying presents and they make the short walk over!



There was lots of bouncing, jumping, hugging, birthday wishes and "come on in, we have cake!"
Then - PRESENTS!!!  Emma TORE into the presents - first, the Sorry Spin game. Second - earrings! (yup, we are taking her to get her ears pierced on Saturday)  then, a Mermaid Barbie, a 3D shark book, a WebKinz cat, an American Girl Doll outfit and scrapbook.  It probably goes without saying, that it went very well and Emma loved everything. (Unfortunately, I was taking a video of the present opening and have no pictures. I will have to round them up tomorrow to document!)

Rainbow cake came next, with cotton candy ice cream. 


"Happy Birthday" was sung to a beaming and happy Emma. The kids devoured the ice cream, left some cake, and then went off to play. 












All-in-all, a fabulous birthday for Emma! Now, only a few more parties to go to celebrate.... Eric and Gaeb are coming over on Sunday, Tim's family is celebrating over Memorial Weekend, and her friend party is June 2!  That one should be interesting... I have 7 little girls planning on coming over so far - plus more to RSVP.  Wish me luck!

No comments: