As I was giving Emma good night kiss tonight and turning on her radio, I notice that someone has written on her white dresser in her room in ink. A big black scribble and smiley face now adorn the dresser and as of now (just with water and a tissue) it is not coming off. I have found these things before and have spoken to her about this before - it is NOT okay behavior. She, of course, denies any wrongdoing. So, I tell her, "Emma, the next time I see new ink on your dresser or desk or ANYWHERE you will be punished. Your desk will come out, or your radio, or you will not get to use my iPod again. Even if you didn't do this, you need to tell your friends or your brother NOT to do it too. This is not okay." Then... I look in her desk and take out all the pens and tell her she is not allowed to have pens in her room again.
So, this started coming from her bedroom: "Mom! I am so mad at you right now. I am so mad and I am going to stay mad. Nothing you can do will make me not be mad right now."
I let that continue for a few minutes and then, so she doesn't wake up Evan, I go up there and tell her she can be mad, just like I can be disappointed. Because I am disappointed and sad that she doesn't respect her things. However, even if her mad state, she needs to be quiet!
Hmmm.. the joys of children.
No comments:
Post a Comment