Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial Weekend!

Memorial weekend was spent up at the cabin and the Heuer clan was very excited!  I hadn't been there for about a month, Evan couldn't wait to go fishing as we are constantly digging for worms, Emma was excited we were picking her up in the "carpool" lane right after school, and Tim was just happy to relax.  We left home around 3:30 so we were able to get up there early and start celebrating the holiday.

We got to the cabin, unpacked, and headed down to the lake. Evan brought down the bucket of worms, Tim went to go get the fishing poles, and Emma bounced down to play in the sand.  Emma started to dip her toes in the water and jump around a bit and was having a good ole' time. Then, I mentioned "Emma - do you want to go swimming?"  Eyes perk up, Evan yells "Whatdya say Mama?"  And then two sprint up to their room to change into suits.  Of course, I knew it would be cold, but I knew they would be getting in this weekend, so I thought I would make them happy. Happy, they were!

Cold face!  Evan was shivering when he got out.  They lasted about 20 minutes.
  
Emma having a good time and exclaiming "Ah!  I am cold"  (But, refused to get out!)

 
Emma trying to surf.. . .  on a knee board.  Nope, didn't work.

And, just Evan.


On Saturday, we celebrated Emma's birthday with some more family and had yummy brownies, ice cream, appetizers, and drinks!  Emma, Evan, and their cousins made it down to the lake, while the adults chatted, to go fishing and splash around again.

The rest of the weekend was spent visiting more family, playing in the lake, playing with puppies, going on a pontoon ride, going for a jet-ski ride, getting some sun, fishing, paddleboat ride, and all the fun stuff we normally do at the cabin!  Along with some of the not fun stuff like laundry, cleaning bathrooms, sweeping floors and non-exciting things.


Not the best picture, but it captures Evan doing one of his favorite things - fishing with Daddy!  He caught a few and was very happy!


The crazy face I get now when I want to take his picture.


For some reason, I just love this picture of her!  We were heading out on the pontoon!


Emma and Nana.


Proof that I was there too!



Nana celebrating her first catch of the season.

And Sage.  She came along on the pontoon ride and whined the entire time.

It was so nice to get away for awhile!  It has been a bit stressful around here lately, work for me has been crazy, Tim is still working on the job hunt, Evan is still finding his independence, Emma is well, getting older.  It is crazy, wonderful, stressful all at the same time.  That is why, it is nice to have a cabin to get away to every once in awhile.

No comments: