Sunday, September 16, 2007

I LOVE thrift sales

Just got back from the cabin and am enjoying the Emmy's, watching Emma play with her new toys and am hoping for a nice warm bubble bath!

So - I LOVE thrift sales - especially now that I have Emma. Before, I never really understood the appeal, but NOW, I am constantly on the quest for clothes and toys. You see, the thing is, babes outgrow clothes and toys so fast. So - does it pay to spend $30 on a pair of jeans for Emma? I don't think so, especially as she will barely wear the clothes before she is on to the new size. So - now, I shop at garage sales (well, and clearance racks) and honestly, rarely pay full price for articles of clothing.

I found some great toys at the thrift sale on Friday. Two doll houses (one for home and one for cabin) that Emma loves playing with. It is amazing how much she understands at her young age. Both of the houses have little swings for the babies and she places the babies in the swing, pushes them and goes "wheee". Plus, there was a baby that was sucking it's thumb and she thought it was pretty cool, so she carried it around in her purse for awhile.

At the moment, Tim and Emma are playing and I love watching them together. I always thought when I was pregnant that it will be interesting to watch Tim interact with his child and it is so adorable. She is head-butting his stomach, he pretends it hurts, and she is laughing hysterically! They are so funny together - she has him wrapped around his finger!


Tomorrow the work starts again. I have been telling Emma today that she is going back to daycare and she nodds seriously like she gets it. I hope she does and that she does well tomorrow. I figure it will probably not go as smoothly as I would like, but it should be better than the first two days. Hopefully??

Not much else is going on. My friend Katie is having a pajama party next Saturday that I hope to attend - pajama party with a keg; nothing wrong with that. I got a note from my friend/cousin Lori that she is going to be in town - Yeah! I hope to see her. Other than that, all is good. Emma is now getting her bottle from Tim. Her last from Tim and tomorrow will be her last from me. That will be it for the bottles. I am kind of sad, but she is a big girl and doesn't need them. It was just a nice way for her to calm down and cuddle with us. Emma is not a cuddler. Only if she is ill or asleep. Otherwise, she is way to busy.

Have a great week everyone! I am sure I will check back in. (If anyone knows how to post a vidow in a blog - let me know. I have a cute one of Emma dancing.)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

You know you could have spent your last day of high school with me in in-school suspension had you known of your love of thrift sales back then!

Kelly said...

I know - if only I had known!