Sunday, September 30, 2007

Our own little holiday!

Oh YEAH! GO PACKERS!! Today is our own little holiday in the Heuer house - Packer vs. Viking game day. I think that no matter who is favored to win, both Tim and I know that anything can happen on this holiday. Even though the Packers are playing better this year and ARE favored to win, I still know that anything can happen today. Hopefully Brett throws his one touchdown pass for the record!

Okay - that's enough for football talk now. It has been a very dreary weekend around here - which is kind of nice. Yesterday Tim and I washed windows, I cleaned out the fridge. We were able to get a lot of stuff down that we don't normally do. That mundane stuff that we don't enjoy, but on a rainy weekend we get around to it.

Emma played all weekend - so she couldn't have been happier. She got to go to Menards with Daddy, which she loves! They also went to Cub where she gets a free cookie - so she loves that place also. Last night it finally got a bit better, weather-wise, so we went around to all of our trees and put trunk protection stuff on them so the deer and little critters do not eat/scratch them. Tim got out the lawn-mower and we all climbed on. For anyone that does not know, Emma LOVES lawn-mower rides also. (see picture from June of this year)
-Anyway - so yesterday, we were outside, thought all was good on the lawnmower when Tim had to go up to the garage for something. Emma sees her little car and decides she wants to ride that instead of her lawnmower. So, what does Mom end up doing?? Pushing her all around our yard in her little car. She would get out, help us around the trees, then climb back in her little car and look up me. ALL AROUND THE YARD I DID THIS. I know, I am a sucker for this little girl. She wanted nothing to do with the lawnmower after that. I figuered I got a good workout and she had some fun too!

Today, obviously is the Packer game (which I am watching as I type - I will not spell check it today, so sorry for any typo's DAMN!!! INTERCEPTION.... YEAH FOR THE FLAG!! Anyway...)

Emma has these Dora socks, which she loves. Every morning, she sees them in her laundry, because she wore them the previous day, and pulls them out. She will throw them at me, turn around, and back up to sit in my lap. Then, she points at her feet. EVERY DAY she does this. So, what Tim and I have started doing as the Dora socks are too small, is put on another pair of socks and put her Dora socks on over her other pair.
If she is not wearing the Dora socks, she is carrying them around. I bought these for her in the dollar section at Target last year, so I do not know where I can get another pair like it, but I will have to find out.

Other pictures from our lazy weekend - Emma playing dress up in my shirt and her falling asleep today after lunch.




And FINALLY - GO PACKERS!! ( Emma IS a packer Fan, even if Tim won't admit it!)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Your hair looks fantastic!

Much love from me sent your way!

Amber said...

I too came to the comment section to say that I love the hair!! Looks fabulous!! Not sure if ya'll over there in WI has seen a picture of me lately.....I'm now a brunette(sp) and my hair is about as long as yours! It's fun seeing how the other half live :)!! Hope to see ya at Christmas!