Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Blogging the night away...

I love reading blogs. When I sit down to write for my blog, I go through and read everyone else's - which usually takes about a half an hour of my time. But I love it. It is so nice that even though family and friends are far away, you can still be in touch like you talk to them all the time. So - thank you blogger.

I am so glad the holidays are over. While I really love seeing family, presents, the whole shabang - I am glad they are over. I really like my routine, having my house clean, and not having all the tempting holiday treats around the house. Tim and I are going to be around home this weekend for nothing other than cleaning and relaxing.

This past weekend was Christmas with my Dad's side of the family, which is always great. We all get along so well, I joke that we are the Cleaver family. We ate some yummy food, opened up presents, and played games. THEN - the SLEDDING party! About 8pm, when all the babies were sleeping, we headed up to a hill that is great for sledding - the only trouble is watch out for the road below. My cousin Joel, sister Kristen, and I were the proud recipients of the "We went the farthest" award - as we sailed down the hill and thanks to Tim's spinning ended up in the middle of the road. None of us really knew it as we were pretty dizzy from the spin. It was so much fun! While we had no peppermint schnapps or Dr. McGuillicudies to keep us warm, we did have beer and a campfire - ha! After that, we went out snowmobiling around the trails by our house, finally making it home around 1am. Unfortunately, that was the time that Emma decided she was wide awake and did not need to sleep. She was talking, singing, yelling for a bottool (her pronunciation of a bottle) and doing whatever she could to tell me she was not tired. Finally around 4:30am, after a sippy of warm milk, a movie, rocking, and forcefully holding her down, she fell asleep. Unfortunately for me, it was my turn and Tim got to sleep while I was struggling with Emma. At least she slept in a bit and woke up around 8am. That was not enough sleep for me!

The next morning was our small Christmas with my sisters, parents, brothers-in-law, and nieces and nephew. (if you can believe it, this is the best picture I have of the four of them together. Not sure what Emma is doing here...) Emma got a fun baby to bring into the bath with her, a shopping cart, and little toys for her baby - a stroller, swing, crib, and play mat. She loves everything - but tries to use her baby's things as though they are hers.

After that, we headed up to the cabin for New Years. I slept for the way up as did Emma as we were both tired from the long night earlier. Then, we had a relaxing night and celebrated the Packers winning and feeling bad for the Vikings - haha! it was so nice to have a night to relax and do nothing. Tim watched TV and I did some digital scrapbooking. One of these days, I will post some of the pages I am working on!

New Years was uneventful. (Happy New Year from Emma) We went to Tim's sister's house for a party, but were in bed by 10:30. We all still needed the sleep. Emma was out ice fishing with us again New Years Eve day and really loves being out on the ice. She was in the ice fishing shack with us for a bit and helped with tip-up's and even got her first snowmobile ride!! It was so cute. We dined on lobster New Years day and made it home by 4:00 to put together Em's toys and take down Christmas stuff.

--SIGH-- Back to normal.

No comments: