For some reason I am shivering now... uncontrollably. It could be the bitter-cold weather we have been having lately. Or, it could be the bowl of ice cream I just ate. You see, I can do that now. I am pregnant. -sigh- and that is where my downfall lies. Talking myself into this stuff. Hmm... I am hungry - I better have some yummy fried noodles with tons of butter and garlic. What Tim, it is almost 9:00pm? That's okay - I am pregnant. What tops that meal off the best? A bowl of Rocky Road ice cream. I know - I can basically see the pounds adding. However, to somewhat justify it (you see, that is what I can do now with the pregnancy thing) I need to eat about every hour & half to maintain my health. If I don't - I feel sick. Mostly, I try to snack on healthy stuff - mostly. It is really a hard thing actually, needing to eat that often. I am not kidding here people. I know the baby needs healthy food. I know that I need healthy food. However, I eat an orange and it sticks with me for a half an hour. If I eat a bagel - it sticks with me much longer. Same thing with ice cream. I don't need to eat as soon after I eat ice cream. It is hard to constantly eat - especially with a 20 month old needing to sit on my lap, or taking my finger so I can go play.
My goal is to not gain as much weight as I did with the first pregnancy. However, since I still have some of the weight left over from that first pregnancy, I guess I am already starting out higher than I should. Damn. It is hard losing that weight. Well, it is for me anyway. If baby #2 had not come along, I would have done another triathlon probably. I think that is going to be my best weight-loss strategy. It worked before - however- when I did the triathlon before I did not have a kid. Finding time to exercise right now is hard and I am just not making it the priority that I should.
Anyway - enough babble about the baby weight. Ugh.....
So - what about those Packer's eh? I did get crap at work today about the game. But you know what - half our team did not show up. They did not look like they wanted to play. I have to question some of the play calling - some of the flags that were thrown - everything. But, when it comes down to it, we were beaten because we did not show up. Maybe they were just too cold. Which I can understand (as I still sit here shivering).
Emma's new favorite book is "5 Little Ducks" which she got from her Nana for Christmas. It is a song, I guess, so I make up some notes and sing it to her - poor little kid! It starts like this "5 Little Ducks went out one day - Over the hill and far away" So - I am singing this to Emma and she is laughing, all of a sudden Tim decides to sing. "5 Little Ducks went out one day - Daddy went out and shot them all...." Nice, huh? Nothing like teaching your 20 month old the concept of death by hunting through a children's song.
She has really been into cooking lately and will bring us plates of wonderful plastic food if we are typing, reading, or doing whatever. Tonight she brought us a plate of ovals. My daughter, being the genius that she is, loves reading books. One of the books is "Little Critter Shapes". She can identify a few shapes and her favorite shape is the oval. I am thinking that she is really applying the shapes into everyday life as she identified an egg the other day as an oval. I applaud her and think to myself that she is at least a year ahead of her age (haha!). Well, now she just thinks that eggs are ovals and not eggs. In fact - she doesn't know what an egg is, just an oval. So - she brought Tim and I the plate of eggs and says "Ovals, Mama. Yummm..." Yup - nothing like a good oval.
That's it. I need to go to bed apparently. I am still shivering.
1 comment:
Hi, did you know why you were shivering, I am 5 weeks pregnant, it's my second and I am shivering at least 30 mn every day, I know I have to talk to a doctor but please tell me it is normal I am scared
Post a Comment