So - yesterday was my first work trip. Where did she go? - one may ask. Some exciting place where she got to experience new sights and smells? Someplace wonderful and exhilarating that she must return to at some point in her life? Hmmm... I wish.. The destination was West Branch, IA (close to Iowa City). We had a work meeting there about some micro-ingredient purchasing responsibilities. Sounds exciting, doesn't it? It was a 4.5 hour drive - mostly in the fog- with 3 other people. The drives went well, the people were fun and the meeting went very well, but West Branch, IA? Seriously? How about California, Florida, or hell, even Texas! I have never been to Texas. That could be fun! All-in-all, it was good. Unfortunately, I had a very bad headache yesterday, so while my co-workers went out for steak and drinks, I stayed back in the room and watched American Gladiators and ordered in a pizza. Which, I must reluctantly admit, I am a fan of American Gladiators. I liked it when I was a kid and like it now also. Wolf-man - how scary is he? And Helga? Man, there is no getting past her!
Emma did well while I was away. I got to speak with her twice on the phone, which was nice. I didn't even cry when I left - which still kind of surprises me. But, I wasn't gone that long. Tim said she was on her best behavior while I was gone. Which, makes me mad. Why isn't she on her best behavior when I am at home? Tonight she was so whiny. I just wanted to play and squeeze her, because I missed her, and she was so whiny and I had to discipline her! Man, did I feel like the bad parent. But, what can you do - she cannot get away with throwing her food, standing on the table, and having her little fits.
I didn't sleep that well and am considering going to bed soon; by like 9:00pm. Sad, I know, but I am reading the Perfect Storm and want to read a few chapters before I fall asleep.
Emma did not want to fall asleep tonight. I was rocking with her a bit and starting singing her good-night song when she looks at me and says "no, no, no!" Then, she puts her little hand over my mouth and says "Stop Mama." It was so cute I started laughing - which is really not the reaction I should have had. She thought she was being cute and continually did that. so, eventually she went to bed.... like me now. I am not even unpacking man- just brushing teeth and going to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment