I don't want to play - I just want to bang on the drums all day!
(sound familiar anyone??) That is the touchdown song, which they play at Lambeau field sometimes when the Packers score. Man - did they do that a lot on Saturday! WHAT A GREAT GAME!!!! I have to admit, I HATED the first 3 minutes, but after that, my man Brett and his team did GREAT! Although - you all know that reading in cyber-land. I think all of my dedicated readers are Packer fans! YEAH!!! (Tim does not read my blog!)
Anyway - the weekend was fabulous! It started out with book club on Friday night. We just read "An Inconvenient Wife" which was a great period piece depicting the inner-struggles of a New York Socialite and her position in life. I highly recommend it to anyone reading - it was disturbing at some parts - but well worth it! It was one of those I didn't want to put down and stayed up late to read.
Saturday morning, Em and I headed to my friend Sarah P's house for brunch. There we met Ande and Nicki for idle chit-chat (we actually had an agenda - haha!) and watched Emma torture Sarah's cat. Emma loved the cat - the cat just didn't love her back. And NO, we are not getting cats! After brunch, we headed up to the cabin. Tim, Mom & Dad were up there and the guys are working on finishing off the basement, so Emma and I did not intend to go. Then, I mentioned it and Emma got so excited and shouted (PAPA!) so we headed that way. Emma LOVES the cabin. Well, so do Tim and I, but Emma especially. We watched the game, saw Tim's family and it was good. Tim put down an air mattress in Emma's bedroom between the beds, I stacked the edges with pillows so Emma would not bump her head, and she was off! Jumping on the mattress, falling on the mattress and grabbing everyone's finger to "play" and lead them to her room. It was very cute. That was probably her favorite toy at the cabin, but the not-to-distant second is her fishing pole. We got her a kiddie fishing pole last year and she was constantly "ishing". Tim put a plastic fish on the end and she learned how to drop the line and reel it back in. She will be onstoppable this summer!
This week is the usual - work now, then cleaning time. I have been pretty tired lately, so some nights I have been in bed around 9:30! Then of course, I read my books for a while and then settle in.
No pictures tonight. We recently received some cute ones for daycare I will post soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment