Saturday morning was the second annual Andersen Family Fun day at my work. As the kids ask a lot about my work (and because I thought it would be fun!) we headed there on Saturday morning for some family fun.
The morning started out with breakfast: French toast sticks, pigs in a blanket, egg & cheese burritos, potato ole's, fruit, yogurt, donuts, and beverages. It was a pretty nice breakfast in our little old cafeteria. After that, we were sent out through the front of the window plant to fill up the kids "passport" with stickers of all the areas. The areas signified main areas that are important to Andersen & the plant: the technology area (where ideas are generated and tested) , the test wall (where the windows and doors are tested to the elements), maintenance (to teach the kids about safety) and then the general ones like the store, health area, stuff like that.
Each of the kids received a cloth bag filled with little goodies and received candy and balloons at the other areas as well. The main activity was the bird feeder, which the kids got to put together and decorate.
We didn't get to make it to my office area where I work, but there definitely isn't anything impressive up there anyway! The kids though, always think it is cool when they can see my desk and the pictures of them and their artwork proudly displayed.
I think it was neat for the kids to see where I work and what I do while I am away for the day, but I don't think they were nearly as impressed with the plant as they were with Tim's headquarters at Best Buy. They know that I "make doors" but think Tim's link to the technology is much cooler. Evan often says and has drawn pictures of him working at Best Buy with his Daddy!
All-in-all though, it was a good day and everyone had a great time.




No comments:
Post a Comment