Monday, April 29, 2013

Finally - a beautiful weekend

FINALLY! We had a beautiful weekend to enjoy. The kids were liked caged animals and couldn't wait to get outside to run, play, take off shoes and feel the grass and dirt on their feet.  Evan couldn't wait to get out and dig up worms and Emma spent hours on the playset on the monkey bars, swings, and sandbox.

I was excited as well to open up the windows and let the house air out a bit.  I got some spring cleaning done while the kids ran around outside and then took some time out to help Evan dig for worms.    We found quite many, so Evan was pretty happy.

Both kids had the cousins over to play as well. Emma invited Kaylee over for a quick time playing on the swingset and that prompted Evan to ask if he could have Charlie over for a playdate as well.  Charlie was a bit nervous at first, but after awhile got right into digging for worms and even picked them up on his own and put them in the bucket! (I so wish I had a picture of the two of them playing! I was so cute!)  Then, they drove around in the little gator and Evan even let Charlie drive a bit.  Evan controlled the speed and Charlie controlled the direction.

I don't think I can stress enough how happy we all were.  We were barefoot - planting seeds - digging for worms - swinging - and grilling.  It was a perfect Saturday really.  The night ended in front of our new TV watching Yogi Bear for the kids.  I am still getting caught up on Dallas :-)

Sunday we had Sunday School, a surprise donut treat for the kids, then we hit up Old Navy with their Stuff-n-Save deal to get summer clothes for the kids.  It was so windy, but we still managed a bit of time outside checking on the flowers we just planted (the kids are so excited to see the marigolds grow and don't understand the concept of waiting!) and a few more worm digs.

The evening ended with story time.

It was really a great weekend to be out after a much to long winter!  Hopefully the next rain stretch doesn't last too long.

No comments: